Thursday, May 29, 2008

On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle


Genre: Cozy Mystery

Clare Cosi is convinced to return to The Village Blend as the manager of a coffeehouse she worked at years ago. As she, and her cat Java, move to New York to take up residence above the coffeehouse, she stumbles upon an unconscious body on the floor. She’s shocked to discover it’s her assistant manager. Clare can’t imagine who would do such a horrible thing to her employee. The police immediately rule it as an accident, but Clare doesn’t buy their theory and begins to do an investigation of her own. Will Clare learn what really happened to her assistant or will she find herself a victim as well?

This is the first book in the Coffeehouse Mystery series and what a great beginning. This story is chockfull of characters the reader will want to know. From Clare to her daughter to her ex-husband to her distinguished employer. Not to mention a very attractive homicide detective, who Clare can’t take her eyes off of.

The book also includes recipes and coffee-making tips. Not only do I want to read the rest of the books in the series, but I would love a nice hot cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.