Thursday, September 18, 2008

HeartSick by Chelsea Cain



Genre: Thriller, Suspense
Detective Archie Sheridan’s job was to find a serial killer. He never expected to be the killer’s victim, but the beautiful killer – Gretchen Lowell – tortured him and then released him. Archie was the only victim Gretchen didn’t kill, but why? Archie is on a mission to discover her reasoning. He makes a point of visiting her in jail every week, against everyone’s advice.

Now, another serial killer is out there and Archie intends to get this one by setting up a new task force. The local newspaper, Oregon Herald, has assigned a reporter to follow Archie around for a profile on the hero detective. The race is on for Archie to stop the killer before anymore deaths occur.

This story is similar to Silence of the Lambs, but I don’t think it’s quite as terrifying as that one. There are many twists and turns, but I didn’t find it to be a shocking end. It was an interesting psychological thriller to read and try to figure out what made these characters tick. Each character was unique in their own way. The author crafted a very intriguing book and made you feel as if you were right there with the characters, feeling their pain. I actually cringed a few times. There is a sequel to this book that sounds equally as captivating. I’m looking forward to that one as well and revisiting Archie and Gretchen.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.