Friday, September 12, 2008

The Trophy Wives Club by Kristin Billerbeck



Avon Inspire

Genre: Inspirational

At the young age of 20, Haley Cutler married handsome movie producer, Jay Cutler. Haley lived the life of a princess, she shopped at the best places, lived in a beautiful home and drove an expensive car. It all came to an abrupt end when Jay tossed Haley out of the house for a young starlet. Haley had no job skills and her friends dropped her quicker than she ever thought possible.

Haley tries to get Jay’s attorney, Hamilton Lowe, to get more alimony from her soon-to-be-ex-husband, but all he offers is a suggestion for her to attend a Bible study group called “The Trophy Wives Club”. He’s convinced they will help her learn to re-build her life, but all Haley wants is to make Jay pay.

This is a heartwarming story of a woman who has to learn to live on her own and survive the tough breaks that life sometimes throws in our way. The reader watches as Haley’s faith in people grows and she learns to open herself to new possibilities and possibly new romances.

I found this book to be fast-paced with well-developed characters and an interesting storyline. There is a sequel to this book called Back to Life. I’m looking forward to re-visiting this very interesting group of women.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Naida. I truly enjoyed it and have now found another author that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may enjoy reading this book. Happy Friday to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.