Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trick or Treat Murder by Leslie Meier



Genre: Cozy Mystery

The citizens of Tinker’s Cove, Maine are getting ready for their annual Halloween celebration. Lucy Stone’s life is moving at a frantic pace – her teenaged son is rebelling, her daughters need Halloween costumes, the baby isn’t feeling well, her husband takes a seat on Tinker Cove’s Historic District Commission where he makes some very unpopular decisions and she agrees to bake twelve dozen cupcakes for the Halloween party.

Chaos breaks loose when the town’s oldest house is burned to the ground and a dear friend is killed in the fire. As more old homes are burned, there’s a growing fear that an arsonist is running around the quiet, quaint little New England town. Lucy begins getting threatening phone calls and she fears for the lives of her family. She decides to investigate the crime on her own. It’s a race against time as Lucy tries to prevent any dangerous Halloween tricks from happening.

I love the Lucy Stone Mystery series. This is the third book in the series and this book is as much fun as the previous two books. It’s a quick read that will keep you guessing who the culprit is as you get to the end of the story. The characters are all well-crafted and quite likeable. Readers will find themselves caring about Lucy and the members of her family. Picking up a Lucy Stone mystery is like re-visiting old friends.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds like a fun series, I like the book cover. great review!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Leslie Meier books. I was browsing some of the blog niche posts on LT and that is how I found you. Great site! I'm a big cozy fan.

    kayespenguinposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.