Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cat Stories by James Herriot




I listened to the audio version of this book and loved every minute of it. The reader is Christopher Timothy and he made me feel as if I was listening to Mr. Herriot himself. It felt as if I were listening to a friend tell me stories.

Mr. Herriot had been a veterinarian in England. His love for cats came through in this book. He wrote about his experiences with different cats. Some were heartwarming, some were sad and some were humorous. His love for animals came shining through in each story he told. As a cat lover myself, I enjoyed listening to all these stories and was very sad when the book came to an end. I'm going to see if there are anymore of his books on audio CDs.

If you want to listen to something that will give you those warm fuzzies and make you feel good, see if your library has his audio collection. It's only three discs and a lovely way to spend the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.