Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday Thingers




Today's question: Last week, I asked about your favorite areas of Library Thing, some that you were familiar with, some that you were curious about, and some that you had never really looked at. It was great to look at all the different areas, and I even learned that sometimes it pays to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page . . . I learned that there were links that I had completely missed! Yikes!

One person mentioned that they wanted to learn more about LibraryThing Author. I happened to stumble upon this great page within the site that has some great information on it about LT Authors, becoming a LT Author, and how readers can use the section to learn about their favorite authors, the books they read and what inspires them.

Did you know that there are 1497 authors participating in LT Authors? If you haven't checked it out, head over for a moment and see if you can find out something new about an author! If you don't have time to go snooping, have you ever looked at the LT Author page before? Did you know that it is for authors and readers alike? Have you ever looked up a favorite or new author on LT to see what they read and if they have left any comments or reviews themselves? Have you ever told an author about LT Authors and encouraged them to check the site out?


My Answer: I usually just happened to stumble upon authors I'm familiar with on LT, but I never actually went looking for them. I've never looked at the LT Author page, but it really sounds like a fun page to check out and I'm going to look at it. I haven't encouraged any authors to join LT, but I'm fairly new at it myself and I don't know many authors personally...a couple that I do know are already on LT.


1 comment:

  1. :) This was kind of a different tab on LT, one that I didn't really know about until another blogger mentioned it last week!

    Thanks for participating in Tuesday Thingers this week!

    Have a wonderful week ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.