Sunday, March 1, 2009

Only the Cat Knows by Marian Babson




Genre: Cozy Mysteries

Vance loves his twin sister Vanessa more than anyone in this world. So, when he learns someone tried to kill her and she now lies in a coma, he is furious beyond words. He vows he will bring the culprit to justice. Vance decides to impersonate his twin, claiming amnesia as a result of the accident.

He has no idea of the strange world his beloved sister has been living in. She lives amongst young women who appear to harbor some serious feelings of jealousy towards each other and her in particular. There is also Gloriana, Vanessa’s beautiful Angora cat. Vance has his hands full convincing everyone he is the real Vanessa, but cats can be smarter than humans as Vance slowly begins to find out.

When some of the young women begin to disappear, Vance realizes he must work harder and faster at finding out who is behind his sister’s “accident”. He’s sure all the events are tied together. He prays his sister will hang on, as he also prays no one finds out his true identity.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read a Marian Babson book and I’ve missed them. She writes wonderful cozy mysteries with a wide array of quirky character. This plot takes so many twists and turns, she makes you feel like you are on a roller coaster ride. This was a fun book and I’ll be searching through my TBR for more by this author.

For Reading Challenges: What an animal, Read your own book.

1 comment:

  1. I love that cover! And, of course, the book sounds good too. :-) I'm not familiar with this author, but will definitely be adding her to my must read list. Thanks for the great review, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.