Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW: You and Your Reading Habits




Today’s it’s all about the creativity. We have this fabulous reading meme for you below and all you have to do? Pick ONE or answer them all in as few words as possible! Be creative, have fun, stand out! That’s all! smile

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
Nope, I'm too much of a slob and would mess up my books.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
Unless it was a textbook for school, I would never write in a book.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Definitely bookmarks. Lately I've been using postcards from my last vacation. It makes me feel like I'm still on vacation :)

Laying the book flat open?
Nope, never. I'd be afraid of breaking the spine.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
I'd say about 99.9% fiction. Once in a blue moon I'll read non-fiction if it's something that I find interesting.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
I prefer hard copy, but will listen to audio books.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
I'd rather wait for the end of a chapter, but if I have to stop in the middle, I will.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
No, I keep going along. Usually I can figure it out by the content of whatever I'm reading.

What are you currently reading?
So Into You by Sandra Hill

What is the last book you bought?
Shades of Gray and Probable Claws - both by Clea Simon

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
One at a time usually. Although I can read a print book and have an audio one in the car at the same time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Usually in the evenings, after work.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Doesn't matter, I like both.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Three authors - James Patterson, Janet Evanovich and Debbie Macomber. My favorites :)

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
No, real order to anything. Whatever I can fit into a rubbermaid tub. Although, if a book is part of a series, I do try to keep them together. It doesn't always work, though.

If you'd like to find out about Book Blogger's Appreciation week, just click the button at the top of this post.




10 comments:

  1. I have been using pictures lately to mark my place. Older double prints that remind me of events, its been fun (just can't throw them away).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cracked a spine, easier to read them then, and I like it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started to use boarding passes, old greeting cards, and lot more!

    BBAW: Reading meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using postcards as bookmarks. I always buy them but never send them, I should start doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so much fun read your answer, as well as those of other bloggers :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get a lot of authors' and bookstore bookmarks, so I tend to use those - but any scrap of paper in an emergency.

    Thank you, by the way, for reading my books! And for buying them! I only got six author copies of "Shades of Grey," so I ended up buying a bunch just to have enough copies to give to family members and the friends who are my early readers!

    Clea

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, if anyone wants a Shades of Grey/Probable Claws bookmark (or three), please email me!

    cleasATearthlinkDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nise - What a great idea to use pictures that you can't throw away. I have tons of those.

    Blodeuedd - Yikes! Okay, I'll forgive you LOL

    gautami tripathy - I've used receipts and other things...I used to buy really nice bookmarks, but that's kind of silly.

    Meghan - I just recently realized using postcards would be a good bookmark. I buy them, too, and never send them. This way, I still can be reminded of my trips.

    Diane - This has been a lot of fun!

    Clea - I can't wait to start reading Probable Claws and Shades of Grey. I bought them both from Barnes & Noble online. I got them pretty fast, too. I'm thinking of saving Shades for October - when I like to read mysteries, thrillers, ghosts, etc. I might do the same with Probable Claws, too since it's a mystery.

    BTW, I do use the bookmarks you sent me. I think they are so beautiful (and you know I love anything with cats on them - LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Broken spines are a no-no for me, too. I'll only put up with it if the book is from a library sale, but I could never do that to a book myself.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer to stop at the end of a chapter too. Or at least at a section break. It's not always possible though unfortunately.

    I hope you enjoy the Clea Simon books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.