Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Sister Pact by Cami Checketts




Genre: Romantic Suspense

Savannah Compton and her sister Allison are closer than most sisters. They’d do anything for each other. When Savannah finds her beloved sister lying in a pool of her own blood, she’s terrified. She can’t lose her sister and tries to do whatever she can until the police arrive.

Allison immediately goes into a coma. As Savannah gets her family together at the hospital to await news about Allison, she doesn’t realize she has quickly become the police’s number one suspect. She’s shocked that anyone would think her capable of hurting a woman, who is not only her sister, but her very best friend.

Things take a turn for the worst when Allison is mysteriously being poisoned in the hospital and the lead detective, Noah Schumway, is convinced Savannah is nothing more than a cold blooded killer. However, if this is the case, how could he find himself falling in love with the woman? Savannah turns to Wesley Richins who provides a shoulder to cry on and much needed support during this difficult time, but is he really as good as he seems?

This is a suspenseful mystery that takes the readers through the torture a family goes through upon seeing one of their own near death, the horror of being unfairly accused of a crime and watching two tortured souls fighting their emotions. This is a fast-paced story with characters who are beautifully developed and people readers will care about. This is my first book by Cami Checketts, but it won’t be my last.

Check out her website at Cami Checketts

For reading challenge: What's in a Name? Reading Challenge

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a page turner! Great review, I'll be adding this author to my wish list. I hadn't heard of her before!

    I really love your blog, the design and layout are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Yvonne, for the great review.
    Warmest,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.