Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Musings - Different Book Formats



If you'd like to join in on Musing Mondays, just click the button above.





Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about a story format.

How do you feel about books written in a differing format – whether this be journals or letters (epistolary), verse novels, or any other form? Is this something you enjoy? Or do you prefer straight forward chapter prose.


My answer...

I rarely read books in other formats. Not for any reason then just everything I want to read is pretty much in the standard format. I did read one book last year, Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham which was written in e-mail format. I loved it and the book went so fast. I have no problem reading books in other formats. If the story is good, that's all I care about.





Funny Pictures of Cats With Captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

6 comments:

  1. Yup - it's not the format so much as the story it tells. As long as the format doesn't get in the way of the story it tells.

    I love the look of your blog, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly standard format for me. Here's Mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you must be more accepting than me, because I can sometimes not pick a book at all if I think the format is too weird!

    Reading Amidst the Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of the books I read last year were in different formats I did not know about until I opened the cover and I ended up really enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to read Holly's Inbox since it came out.

    I will read just about any format but I get quite picky when they go outside my comfort zone.

    Grace
    Books Like Breathing

    ReplyDelete
  6. the key is, I think, the skill of the writer. a great writer can tell a great story in many formats. But I tend toward the straight prose. I am not very daring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.