Friday, April 30, 2010

Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton



After the murder of her Aunt Helen, Kelly Flynn returns to Colorado to settle her aunt's estate. When she hears the details of the murder, she's convinced the police have the wrong man in custody. She's determined to find out what really happened to her aunt, even though the police are less than cooperative.

As Kelly proceeds with her investigation, she seeks the help of her aunt's friends from her knitting group. The women are more than happy to get to the bottom of their friend's gruesome death. They welcome Kelly into their group and insists she learn to knit. Kelly has no interest in knitting, but once she starts, she can't seem to stop.

Kelly and her new found friends begin to uncover shocking secrets from Helen's past and they unravel a scheme that sickens them all. They vow to see justice served.

This is the first book in Maggie Sefton's knitting mystery series. I don't know how to knit, but this book made me want to learn. LOL It features a cast of fun, quirky characters that readers will wish they could meet in real life. The knitting shop comes to life with the author's detailed description. The plot has so many twists and turns, it left me guessing until the last chapter.

I have the rest of the series in my TBR and I'll definitely be reading it. I loved this one so much that it gets a "Socrates Great Book Alert" award and 5 kitties!





For reading challenges:

A to Z Reading Challenge
Read Your Own Book Reading Challenge
Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge
TBR Lite Reading Challenge

5 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, oh and those coffee mystery books..if that makes sense, the library have those so perhaps thees will be picked up too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good. If you like novels with knitting themes, I recommend Kate Jacobs' work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, A great book alert and 5 kitties!!!!! I have to get my hands on this book now. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed this one. I have yet to read it, but I hear great things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.