Friday, April 9, 2010

Look Again by Lisa Scottoline




Genre: Suspense

Single mom, reporter Ellen Gleason’s world is turned upside down when she receives a card in the mail asking “Have you seen this child?” The missing child, Tim Braverman, had been kidnapped a couple of years ago. He bares a striking resemblance to her adopted son, Will. Fear grips Ellen, but she tries to convince herself that it was nothing more than a coincidence. When the people involved in her adoption proceedings turn up dead, she realizes this could be something much more than a mere coincidence.

Scared to tell anyone about this, Ellen takes a leave of absence from her job to conduct her own investigation. As it is, her company is considering major layoffs and her sudden unexplained need to leave for even a short period of time is not met well. Her boss, Marcello, puts himself on the line to protect her. His concern goes much deeper than an employer/employee relationship, but Ellen cannot deal with that now. Her number one concern is getting to the bottom of Will’s adoption. There’s always a chance that Braverman’s kidnapping has nothing to do with her or her son.

I listened to the audio version of this book and it was quite gripping. I couldn’t turn it off. There were many twists and turns. Readers will find Ellen’s story both scary and captivating. It tugs at your heartstrings as Ellen’s plight begins to rip apart her life and takes one emotional turn after another. I definitely want to check out Lisa Scottoline’s backlist for more books.





4 comments:

  1. I liked this one too. Her Rosato & Co series are great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this came up as a recommendation from Amazon but I didn't read it.

    Thank you for a great review, I think I will really enjoy this, adding it to my TBR list now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this one recently and found it to be a bit predictable but I think listening to the audio would have probably made it more thrilling to me. I do think it would make a great made for TV movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds very good. I like a story with lots of twists and turns.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.