Saturday, May 15, 2010

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris


Genre: Romance, Paranormal

Sookie Stackhouse is back in the second book of the Southern Vampire Mysteries and she has her hands full. She is viciously attacked by a maenad and she’s hanging on for dear life. With the vampires help, she lives, but the cost is pretty high.

As payment for their assistance, they ask Sookie to use her telepathy powers to find a kidnapped vampire. Sookie and her vampire boyfriend Bill head to Dallas to try and locate the missing vampire. Sookie runs into all kinds of foes and has to deal with some sex addicted friends as well as enemies, but with Bill and his friends protecting her, she does fine.

When she returns home, she is faced with trying to figure out who committed a gruesome murder and framed a local detective.

I enjoyed this book and it was great to pay another visit to Sookie and her friends. I watched the first season of True Blood (the TV series based on the books), but we no longer have HBO so I never saw the second. I’ll probably get the DVDs at some point, but for now, I’m enjoying plowing through this series. I love Sookie and Bill and definitely want to read more about them.





For Reading Challenge:

Read Your Own Book Reading Challenge
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge
TBR Lite Challenge
What’s in a Name 3 Reading Challenge

3 comments:

  1. I really hope I can read the next book, waiting for my friend to get it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first in the series and enjoyed it, I need to read this one too. Grat review :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun series isn't it? I'm currently reading Dead in the Family..it's too early to have an opinion, but I think I'll like it. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.