Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The 8th Confession by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro



The Women's Murder Club series is back with their eighth adventure. Detective Lindsay Boxer is thrown into one of the most mysterious murder sprees yet. Famous people are being murdered without any trace of the cause of death. As far as anyone can tell, these people are all perfectly healthy, except that they are dead. Even an autopsy reveals nothing.

Lindsay is at a dead end, when a series of similar unsolved deaths from the early 1980's surfaces. She realizes these cases are eerily similar. Could the same person responsible for those murders be striking again?

Another member of the Women's Murder Club is busy trying to solve a case of her own. Journalist Cindy Thomas stumbles upon the dead body of a homeless person, known only as Bagman Jesus. Nobody is too concerned about this man's murder, except Cindy. She never expects to uncover the startling past of Bagman Jesus.

This is one of my two all time favorite series. The other is Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. I read this in two days. The story took a few turns here and there and kept you guessing. Mainly I just love the characters. I always have. I'm looking forward to the 9th Judgment, but I'm going to have to wait for the library to get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.