Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Salon - Vacation Blues and May Wrap Up



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.

I just returned from a wonderful week in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic with my husband. Great weather, beautiful scenery and very romantic. Now I'm home and it's back to reality. That's the bad thing about going on vacation, the returning part. I still have off tomorrow and don't go back to work until Tuesday, so that's nice.

I managed to finish three books on my handy-dandy Nook while I was on vacation. I read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The 8th Confession by James Patterson and Stranger in Town by Kerry Connor (Harlequin Intrigue). I'll have reviews on them all later in the week.

As for May, I did pretty good...8 books completed...

Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo (Loved this one!)
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (audio - it was okay)
Making the Rounds with Oscar by David Dosa, MD (Good, touching)
Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (Good)
Step on A Crack by James Patterson (audio - Very good)
7th Heaven by James Patterson (Very good)
Never Let You Go by Erin Healy (very good)
Bobby & Jackie: A Love Story by C. David Heyman (audio - okay)

I'm off to finish doing a ton of laundry...another drawback of vacations, but I wouldn't give any of it up :)

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! And sorry about the laundry problem.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reading while you were in a tropical paradise! Hopefully it was while you were on the beach:) Sorry about the laundry too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! It is hard to return to reality after returning from a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, and at least you got to get away. PICTURES please:)

    BTW...Thanks so much for the award Yvonne.

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/06/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.