Saturday, August 14, 2010

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment (Book #1) by James Patterson




Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Thriller
Format: Audio

A group of six genetically enhanced children escape from the lab where they were raised (98% human, 2% bird). When one of their own is kidnapped, the flock takes off on adventure to save her. Angel is behind held by an evil group called Erasers (part wolf, part human). Max leads the way to freeing the six year old.

It doesn’t take long for 14 year old Max to realize her role is to not only free Angel, but take care of her flock and save the world while she’s at it. Not an easy task. They are also determined to find out who their real parents were and why they allowed them to be used in these genetic experiments. The flock has their work cut out for them.

Patterson takes us on a crazy adventure as we follow Max and her flock fight the evil powers threatening to destroy them. I didn’t think this would be my kind of book, but I listened to the audio and it made for a nice diversion in the car. I started to care about Max and her friends. I wanted to find out what would happen next. There are five other books following this one and I will eventually get to those as well.

For reading challenge:

James Patterson Reading Challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.