Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - December 7th



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading



Yes, I'm a grown woman and I talk to my cat. What's the big deal? My cousin Samson the psychiatrist tells the family I'm delusional and should be medicated. Pshaw I say. Samson has a psychiatrist of his own as well as a far more disturbing obsession with large farm animals, so I severely doubt his legitimacy.


12 comments:

  1. This sounds really amusing. And I love the title. I have two teasers this week. My YA teaser is from Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell and my adult teaser is from Wolfsbane by Patricia Briggs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what fun! I love that title and cover...enjoy!

    Here's mine:

    (click my name)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I so don't want to know! Great teaser choice :) Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my teaser from Witchgrass: A Pipe Dream by Dave Wilkinson (Page 1):

    Most gardeners hate witchgrass. Of all weeds it is one of the most persistent and adaptable. Any small piece of rhizome left in the soil can become an aggressive plant ready to take over the plot. Witchgrass is hard to pull. Roots are deep, and break off easily. Any part left in the ground will grow again. Farmers say the species isn't even good as hay, not as good as timothy or alfalfa. Some call it quickgrass.

    Early New England colonists blamed evil people for this garden invader. In the seventeenth century villagers would speak this way:

    "The surly woman living alone on her dead husband's estate. She goes into the woods and consorts with the Devil. Signs his book. Fornicates with him. Eats mushrooms. She and the Devil send witchgrass to harass the virtuous and the Godly. Let us hang this witch and seize her rich farm."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the teaser - and that title! This one sounds really good. And I see absolutely nothing wrong with talking to one's cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific Tuesday teaser! I talk to my cat as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look like a fun read.... I hope that you are enjoying your book. Check out My Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.