Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris




Genre: Paranormal
Publisher: Recorded Books
Release Date: 2008
Format: Audio

Sookie Stackhouse and her boyfriend, vampire Bill Compton, have broken up and leaves town on business. While Bill is away, Sookie discovers the leader of the vampires, Eric Northam, walking around in a daze and not having any of his memory. She decides to act as his protector and watch over him. Sookie lets him live with her, but she never expects it to be anything more than friendship.

To make things even more complicated, there’s a reward to anyone who finds Eric. Her brother Jason is ready to cash in on that money, but before he can, he mysteriously disappears. Sookie fears he has been kidnapped by witches and could be lying dead in a ditch somewhere. Not getting any help from the local police – they are convinced he has run off with one of his women – Sookie sets out to rescue her brother herself.

As Sookie fights all sorts of magical demons from shape shifters to werewolves to even a few vampires, she can’t fight her attraction to Eric any longer. Will Sookie give in to her feelings or is this all an act on Eric’s part?

Another great Sookie book and I absolutely love listening to them on audio. They really are a lot of fun and listening to the audio in the car is so relaxing. These are helping me fill the time until the next season of True Blood in the summer. Although by the time I’m done with these books, I won’t be able to separate the books from the TV show.



For Reading Challenges:

2011 Audio Book Challenge
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. Nice review :)
    I think I should read...book 10 I think, well one day I will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad yorue enjoyign these on audio!
    I read the first but need to pick up the rest one day.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love these books! I am glad to hear you are enjoying the audio. It might a good way for me to re-visit the series . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.