Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kiss the Girls by James Patterson (Alex Cross Series #2)



Genre: Suspense
Format: EBook
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Release Date: December 2002

In the second book of the Alex Cross series, things hit way too close to home for Alex’s liking when his niece disappears. The Cross family is devastated by her loss and Alex vows he will bring Naomi home, safe and sound. The detective in Alex takes over and he travels to his niece’s university only to discover she’s not the only young woman missing. When another young woman is murdered, Alex realizes his niece is in grave danger.

Somehow Kate McTiernan manages to escape the clutches of the serial killer, who calls himself Casanova. Kate is determined to save the other women who had been trapped with her and make Casanova pay for his crimes. She teams up with Alex as they race against the clock before anyone else is killed.

It’s not long before they realize there are two identical killers. One on each coast of the United States. Kate and Alex draw closer as they investigate this crime and try to save Alex’s niece, but they find the FBI isn’t too receptive to their interference.

As big a fan of James Patterson that I am, I really hadn’t been too involved in the Alex Cross series, which is probably his most famous. I listened to the first on audio and loved it, but just hadn’t had a chance to read the others. They have been collecting dust in my TBR room. There are so many books in this series, but I intend to someday catch up as this was a gripping story. I do think I saw the movie years ago, but don’t remember very much about it so everything in the book surprised me.

Alex Cross is a great character and I love that he’s surrounded by a large family and has a devoted partner/friend, too. I can already see this is going to be an exciting series for me.





For reading challenges:

A to Z Reading Challenge
TBR Lite Reading Challenge
Alex Cross Reading Challenge
James Patterson Reading Challenge
EBook Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I've read (actually listened to an audio book) all of the Alex Cross books. Each one is as riveting as the last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love for Patterson makes me wanna read something by him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been awhile since I have read this one but I do remember enjoying it. I'll have to reread this one sometime and see what I think of it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the 5 I've read so far, this was the most chilling! I really loved this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.