Monday, July 18, 2011

Musing Mondays - Hard to Finish Books?




If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

What is the last book you struggled to read through to the end, even though you weren’t really enjoying it? What made you keep reading?

My answer...

Years ago I could have given you a list of books that I struggled through. I used to have the motto "If I start it, I finish it." That was then, this is now and I don't do that anymore. I can honestly say I'm enjoying the books I'm reading and I don't finish anything I don't like. There's just too many books out there and not enough time for me to waste with books I don't like.

The most I will do is if I don't like something, I'll put it to the side and try to read it a few months later. Sometimes those wound up being some of my favorite books. I probably was just not in the mood the first time around.

So, that's my answer...I can't remember struggling through any books in the past couple of years.

Funny Pictures - Cat Gifs
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. If a book doesn't grab me within the first 50 pages, it gets put aside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you also. I have to many books waiting to be read to be hung up on one I am struggling to read. Well, back to my book....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time not finishing a book I start.

    Here's my answer: http://diannehartsocksalex.wordpress.com/alexs-blogs/

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes I would love to just give up on a book...but if it is a review copy I was given I feel an obligation to really, really try and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good system. I'm working on making myself put a book down if I'm hating it. It's hard to do. LOL

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/musing-mondays_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find I can't stop once I've started, even if I'm struggling
    Here is my answer http://amysbookden.blogspot.com/2011/07/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You perfectly described my book reading habits. Time was that I couldn't bear not to finish what I started, but as my TBR piles continue to grow, I find that it's better not to waste my time where I'm not enjoying it.

    My MM:
    http://abookandashortlatte.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/musing-mondays/#comments

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true. There are too many books out there and not enough time. I do the same :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.