Thursday, June 28, 2012

Booking Through Thursday-First Teacher



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

A while ago, I interviewed my readers for a change, and my final question was, “What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask?” I got some great responses and will be picking out some of the questions from time to time to ask the rest of you. Like now.

Margaret asks:

Who taught you to read?

My answer...

Good question...I have no idea. LOL Neither of my parents or my brother are into reading. I'm the only one who has ever been into reading. I'm thinking it's because I've always been an introvert and reading is something you do by yourself. I was always a big TV watcher, too. I'm thinking it was my outlet for escapism - TV and books. I just discovered them on my own.

funny cat pictures - I'm awake....
see more

7 comments:

  1. Aww...I got help from school but I was the same as you...everyone called me a bookworm and I still am the only one in the family who loves reading!

    My BTT here

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad made sure I learned the alphabet early and my mom read me the comics in the newspaper. I didn't have enough books so I read the few we had over and over again! Now the library and bookstore are some of my favorite haunts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, can't remember but made an assumption. Have a great upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cat!!! I think reading was a form of escapism for a lot of people! Thanks for sharing :D
    By BTT
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup it was school for me i think ... Here's my BTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was in school for me, by a great teacher.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm somewhat a self-taught reader.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.