Friday, December 4, 2015

2016 Women's Fiction Challenge Sign Up


I absolutely love Women's Fiction but I don't get enough of a chance to read it. So, I thought this would be a good challenge for me to read a genre that I love.

Here are the details from The Book Date, our host:


This challenge is for those who enjoy reading women's fiction. How might you define this type of book? I define it as any book that is mainly written and marketed for women (although that doesn't stop men reading them, they can and sometimes do), they may contain elements of romance but the book mainly centres around the development of women or a woman throughout the book. Women centered books, that might focus on the issues relating to women, it may be a mainstream novel, slightly less or slightly more. This website probably best describes what I am thinking of Women Fiction Writers.

It is distinct in that it is different from literature written by women. Women write many different genres and literary fiction plus non-fiction.

The Romance Writers of America organization defines women's fiction as, "a commercial novel about a woman on the brink of life change and personal growth. Her journey details emotional reflection and action that transforms her and her relationships with others."

Take whichever definition suits you - both of the above or write your own definition in your challenge post and then join in. There is a little controversy over women's fiction, but at present it is what it is, and its a a type of book I like to read. Let's celebrate Women's Fiction.

LEVELS
Motivated 1- 5
Savvy 6 - 10
Classy 11- 20
Go-getter 20 -30
Fearless 30+

I'm going with the Savvy level.  I'll be listing my books here...

1.  Plan Bea by Hilary Grossman (Click here to read my review.)

2.  Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans by Joanne Demaio (Click here to read my review.)

3. Changing Light by Rebecca Stevenson (Click here to read my review.)

4.  A League of Her Own by Karen Rock (Click here to read my review.)

5.  Change of Scene by Mary Kay Andrews (Click here to read my review.)

6.  The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarity (Click here to read my review.)

7.  The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews (Click here to read my review.)

8.  The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand (Click here to read my review.)

9.  Linny's Sweet Dream List by Susan Schild (Click here to read my review.)

10. The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand (Click here to read my review.)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in Yvonne. I love this genre best of all of anything really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to participating in this challenge at the go-getter level.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.