Saturday, December 19, 2015

Review: Television Fast Forward by Lee Goldberg


Genre:
Non-Fiction, Entertainment

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Adventures in Television

Release Date:
July 2015






Synopsis from Goodreads:

UPDATED AND REVISED 2015 EDITION

Did Gilligan and his fellow castaways ever get rescued? Is Dr. Marcus Welby still making house calls? Is Marcia Brady single? What kind of father did Beaver Cleaver grow up to be? Did Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers finally tie the bionic knot?

Those burning questions... and many, many more... about your favorite TV characters are finally answered in the new, 2015 edition of this unique and entertaining book, which examines every TV series revival, sequel or remake that was made from the 1950s through the early 1990s.

This NEW edition now includes updates of the original entries PLUS a complete list of television series revivals and remakes that have been made from 1992 to 2015.

This is a must-have for every television reference book library.

This book was previously published under the title "Television Series Revivals


My Review

Being a TV junkie like I am, this is such a fun book and I knew I had to read it. I love looking back on the classic old TV shows. Some I watched, some I didn’t. Some I never heard of and some I wondered why the old shows were ever resurrected. This book explains the whole process and reasons behind each revival or sequel. Still, sometimes it’s best not to bring back old favorites as the originals will always be the best. Not all the time, but most times.  This book explains the successes and failures.

The author is a writer and has written many popular TV shows. He is obviously very knowledgeable about the television industry and it shines throughout this book. There is also a complete list of TV revivals and sequels. It’s an interesting book and told in an informative, enjoyable way.  I just wish more of my favorites were featured.





FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.