Saturday, August 27, 2016

Review: The Inn at Eagle Point by Sherryl Woods


Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Mira

Release Date:
June 2012







After her mother walked away from her five children, Abby O’Brien Winters left the family home in Chesapeake Shores, Maryland and made a life for herself in New York City. She has a demanding, high pressure job on Wall Street, which destroyed her marriage, but left her with adorable twin daughters. Abby has always been the one to keep her family together, so when her sister Jess calls in a panic, Abby races home to Chesapeake Shores to help.

It turns out that Jess is fulfilling her dream of renovating the Inn at Eagle Point and plans to re-open it as a Bed and Breakfast. Unfortunately, her plans hit a snag when she gets into financial trouble and the bank is threatening with foreclosure. Abby is ready to help but the banker she must deal with is Trace Riley. He just happens to be the man she walked away from years ago. She hopes he doesn’t hold a grudge.

Trace is stunned when his father insists he takeover the loan department at the bank. His sister is the one better suited for the job, not him. Then, he learns his first dealing will be with his old flame Abby. The true love of his life. He plans to use this chance for vengeance or is he really looking for a second chance at love?

I’ve always adored Sherryl Woods' writing and this book is no different. I’ve been wanting to read this for awhile. With the new Hallmark TV show based on this series starting in August, I just had to get busy and start reading. It’s not exactly like the show…which often happens with books, but that’s okay. I’m enjoying both.

The family closeness is touching. Abby’s strength is strong through the entire book. Although I do like Abby, I loved Trace even more. He’s the perfect hero. He’s both powerful and sensitive at the same time. The book also gives you a look at the rest of the O’Brien clan as they eventually get their own stories to tell. I look forward to the next one.



For reading challenges:
I Love Library Books Reading Challenge 2016

Disclosure: I borrowed the e-book from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This is an author I really need to revisit and this sounds like a good one to start with. I love the premise and the sound of the characters. I'll have to look for the Hallmark show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.