Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Review: The Blue Coyote by Karen Musser Nortman, narrated by Michelle Babb


Genre:
Mystery

Format:
Audible Audio

Publisher:
Karen Nortman

Release Date:
June 7, 2016







Synopsis from Goodreads:

Frannie and Larry Shoemaker love taking their grandchildren, Sabet and Joe, camping with them. But at Bluffs State Park, Frannie finds herself worrying more than usual about their safety, and when another young girl disappears from the campground in broad daylight, her fears increase. The fun of a bike ride, a flea market, marshmallow guns, and a storyteller is quickly overshadowed. Accusations against Larry and her add to the cloud over their heads. Frannie begins to puzzle out the mystery: Are the itinerant road workers as much of a threat as Frannie thinks? What about the lone woman camper who also disappears? Or is the girl's deadbeat dad behind it all?

My Review

This is the second book in the Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mystery series. It’s the first book I’ve read by this author and I’m already hooked.

The main characters are likeable and well-written. The plot intrigued me and kept me guessing. It is fast-paced.

I listened to the audio version. The narrator, Michelle Babb, always draws me into the stories she narrates. Her voice is perfect for story telling. She does a great job with it.

I’m adding this series to my list of cozies I want to read.




FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I love that this one grabbed you despite not having read the book previous to it. I like the idea of a mystery in a campground. Glad this one has made it to your shortlist!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.