Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday - August 30th



This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.



This looks like a good cozy mystery coming up in December.


Synopsis from Goodreads...

Fleeing a disastrous love affair, university librarian Amy Webber moves in with her aunt in a quiet, historic mountain town in Virginia. Managing a charming public library requires all her attention, especially with its severe lack of funds and overabundance of eccentric patrons, so the last thing she needs is a new, available neighbor whose charm lures her into trouble.

Dancer-turned-teacher and choreographer Richard Muir inherited the farmhouse next door from his great-uncle, Paul Dassin. But town folklore claims the house’s original owner was poisoned by his wife, an outsider, who vanished after her sensational 1925 murder trial. Determined to clear the name of the woman his great-uncle loved, Richard implores Amy to help him investigate the case. Amy is skeptical until their research raises questions about the culpability of the town’s leading families... including her own.

When inexplicable murders plunge the quiet town into chaos, Amy and Richard must crack open the books to reveal a cruel conspiracy and lay a turbulent past to rest in A Murder for the Books, the first installment of Victoria Gilbert’s Blue Ridge Library mysteries.

Publisher: Crooked Lane Books
Release Date: December 12, 2017

7 comments:

  1. I love books that feature books and libraries. This one sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great murder mystery. I like those! Nice pick.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's Can’t-Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. A murder mystery involving a librarian! This is definitely going on my wish list. Thanks for the head's up, Yvonne. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good. I love cozy mysteries with some romance. :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Looks good!!! Hope you enjoy reading it!! Its perfect for fall too!
    Here's my WoW/CWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got this off NetGalley and am so excited! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.