Friday, May 18, 2018

Review: This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today by Chrissy Metz



Genre:
Non-Fiction

Format:
Audio Book

Publisher:
Harper Audio

Release Date;
March 27, 2018






Synopsis from Goodreads:

A prescriptive and inspirational book of life lessons from the breakout star of television's #1 hit show, NBC's This Is UsDebuting in fall 2016, This Is Us quickly became America's most watched-and most talked about-network television show. Within weeks of its premier, actress Chrissy Metz and her character, Kate, were embraced by countless fans. Seemingly overnight, Chrissy found herself on magazine covers and talk shows, walking red carpets, and the subject of endless conversations on social media.

Chrissy chalks up her popularity to the authenticity of the role. She believes that fans sense she is playing a character whose life is not so very different from her own. It is a performance that comes from her heart and gut, from a universal place that rings true. In reality, Chrissy's presence, her perseverance in Hollywood, and her success story is as genuine-and as inspirational-as it gets. There is no better person to represent and speak out for the everywoman and her experiences.Embracing the spirit of Shonda Rhime's Year of Yes, Chrissy's touching, wise, and honest book speaks to all of us. Blending love and experience, Chrissy encourages us to to claim our rightful place in a world that may be trying to knock us down from all sides. Throughout, her positivity, confidence, and humor are infectious, whether she's talking about her past or present, and she offers amazing one-liners such as: Who needs to fit in when you're meant to stand out?

You need to both know better and do better!

The key is to act deserving, but not entitled.Not your standard celebrity memoir or essay collection, Why Fit In When You're Meant to Stand Out is a smart and helpful guide for living through tough stuff and coming out the other side, written by a woman who has done just that. Grounded and spiritual, Chrissy teaches each one of us how to find our own unique voice-and pursue our dreams


My Review

First I’m going to start this off by saying I’m a huge fan of This Is Us. I think it’s such a smart, fresh TV show with realistic characters. So, when I saw an audiobook narrated by one of the stars of the show, I had to listen. I’m so glad I did.

Chrissy Metz talks like she’s your close friend who is filling you in on the latest happenings in her llife. I loved listening to her. She quickly became a close friend as I listened for hours. Her voice makes for a wonderful easy listening experience.

This audio is filled with Chrissy’s life from childhood to adulthood. She didn’t seem to have an easy time of it, but she’s certainly landed on her own two feet. Chrissy has a huge amount of strength. I admire all she has gone through and how she came through it all on top.

This is an inspiring, heartwarming book.




For reading challenges:
Audio Book Reading Challenge 2018

Disclosure: I borrowed this one from my library. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you liked this book. I LOVE This Is Us and I'm next in line at my library for this book, can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a bit behind so the show is new to me. Glad the book was such a hit as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.